Friday, August 15, 2008

Elder Care Cafe 2.0

For the past several weeks I have been working on a new Elder Care Cafe website. My main problem (of several) rests on the fact that it is not as warm and fuzzy as this blog. It feels too sterile for some reason.

I'm taking a wonderful course from Yaro Starak, called Blog Mastermind, that has my blog learning curve heading straight up to the sky. I'm not sure the curve will ever turn down again in my lifetime.

Blogging is a blast no matter what the subject. In fact, I'm planning on several more blogs, but I don't know if I should try another bells and whistles blog site or not.

Years ago, when I was transferring to another department, my soon-to-be-former boss gave me a nifty book mark with the saying "no guts, no glory" and a picture of Garfield on the front. Handwritten on the back was the note, "Reach for the stars - they can be yours. Good luck in future endeavors."

As far as this present endeavor goes, the curve may be up to the stars before I reach the top. I don't think that's what she meant.

What are you reaching for? Are you stretching up to the stars or are you settling for second best?

No comments: